Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Like a Heat Wave, Burnin' In My Heart

Today was quite an interesting day- new developments on many fronts. MOST IMPORTANTLY THOUGH, I finally had a conversation with Lifeguard. dun dun duuuun. I guess I should briefly explain Lifeguard though. So I take the boys to this pool they're members of and the lifeguards there are lovely. One day a few weeks ago, one I had been eye-ing decided to wave at me. It was cute but then we sadly had no more interactions after that besides longing glances. Last week, as per Maie's suggestion, I posted a missed connection (AND GOT REALLY WEIRD/MEAN RESPONSES which I will cover at a later date), but nothing from Lifeguard. I knew nothing about Lifeguard except that he had a little tattoo on his neck that I found intriguing. UNTIL TODAY when he waved me over to chat with him as I was leaving with the kids. He made me take off my sunglasses and asked what color my eyes were. And it was awkward, but also kind of cute, and then he introduced himself. Immediately I knew I was now dealing with an Eastern European man, per the accent. The Pollock ladies do not have the best of luck with this specific category of foreign men, so I was very taken aback by the heavy accent. And then I was all "OKAY WELL SEE YOU LATER BYE" as I as so shocked at the encounter.
I guess I had built up this person in my head and he is absolutely not what I was expecting, so it totally threw me and then I called my mom to tell her that the allure of Lifeguard was over since we finally spoke. I am pretty disappointed in myself for not picking up on the Eastern European vibe earlier- since I totally figured out early on that another lifeguard totally was. But his accent is so strong, I had to make him repeat what he asked me (awkward). I still find him highly attractive, but only know his first name and that he's Russian/Ukrainian/Moldovan? So I guess there is still some mystery. But I'm a little disheartened. Also he only has 63 facebook friends. Can we vote on whether this is too weird or acceptable since he's obviously foreign and probably, like, just came to the US or something (much like Max a few years ago, so I guess I should be nicer). It would be nice to know if he's like 20 or 37 though, I guess that should be my opener next time I drag the boys to the pool during a heat wave specifically to see him?

No comments:

Post a Comment