Thursday, July 29, 2010

got caught out in the rain

I have white girl problems right now, as SHaack would say. I am so tired of spending 10 hours a day with 2 spoiled rotten only children. It sounds so obnoxious to complain about, but I swear this job is harder than working at Chick-fil-a (which I also wasn't much of a fan of). I'm just ready for it to be over and to have some time to myself to think.
I'm also starting to get kind of nervous about going abroad. I wouldn't say that I'm "scared" per se, but I'm HIGHLY nervous. More about missing things here than actually being there. And I'm sure that once I am there and into the swing of things, it will be all good. Also, goodbye party will be August 7th so be there or be square.
I went to the Nationals/Braves game last night with Heidi, Ellie, and Maie. It was fun and entertaining since none of them had ever been to a baseball game before (obviously anti-American). To sum up the evening: Ellie had one beer and was trying to lick my face, Heidi was being foot-fondeled by the older man in front of us, and Maie was tired. Pretty typical evening.
I'm going home for a few days this weekend, which is much needed. Also, getting out of my apartment will be a welcomed relief. Everything had been so nice and calm for the past 2 weeks, I had forgotten it could be any different.
I JUST POSTED A MISSED CONNECTION ON CRAIGSLIST. this is so exciting/terrifying/i'm sure not that gratifying since he probably won't ever see it. but STILL. I did it! That's a success on it's own. I'll keep you updated on any developments in the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment