Sunday, December 5, 2010

Girl Inform Me

So I know I said I was going to attempt a blog post every other day until Mombasa, but I've failed so far. So I'm going to try again this week, even though I have just as much work to get through. I just want everyone to read/see everything I've been doing, so maybe I get less amounts of overwhelming questions, like (but not limited to) "how was Kenya?" "How was Africa?" "Did you have fun?" "What did you do?". I'd like more targeted questions like "TELL ME ABOUT THE NILE!" or "I want to hear stories about your rural homestay week where they don't have water or electricity!" or "what are matatu's?" haha. A girl can dream, I guess. But I'm going to try to keep them fairly broad so that I can cover a lot of the basics that I haven't really shared yet. Feel free to leave questions or comments so I have ideas as to what you guys might even be interested in knowing. I think I'm going to start with just Nairobi as a city tonight or tomorrow, so get ready for that one!

xo

4 comments:

  1. So what's it like being the minority in an area for the first time in your life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's actually not the first time i've been in an area where i'm a minority. so maybe you don't actually know that much about me to ask a valid question?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a valid question. I doubt you ever been discriminated against like you have been in Nairobi. Have you ever been charged more for everything because of what you look like? When I was at EcoSandals, someone told me they didn't want me there because I was white. That's a tough thing to face especially if you've never had to deal with stuff like that before. But I chalked it up to a lesson in being a minority that I wouldn't have learned anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, shan, i agree. but that's not what the question was and it just came off as kind of condescending and i didn't really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete